Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Rising Up

The 10th anniversary of 9-11 really hit me hard.  It seemed as if all the feelings and emotions that surfaced on that day 10 years ago were resurrected within.  I felt fear, anger, devastation, frustration and helplessness as I watched the numerous replays of the events that fateful day.

However, as I was watching a program on Discovery about the rebuilding of Ground Zero my thoughts and emotions took a turn for the better.  I saw the construction footage of the new tower--the building that when finished will be the tallest in our nation.  As they interviewed the men and women working on this mammoth project I also felt a renewed spirit.  Many of these workers had fathers or relatives that worked on the original World Trade Center.  Their determination, resilience, and laser-like focus on completing this mission was inspiring.

It was a wake up call to me as well.  They had a profound respect for the people that passed on 9-11-01, but a firm belief that the future ahead was bright and promising.  No, correct that.  They were imposing  their will on the future, if that is possible, by saying, "It will be bright, because we won't accept anything less."

The new One World Trade Center Tower rises up out of the ashes and makes a strong yet humble statement that no matter what tragedies and crimes befall us, we will always rise up after them.
File:Freedom Tower New.jpg
LET'S ROLL!

No comments:

Post a Comment