Friday, December 26, 2014

The Present

As we change pace this holiday season and spend time doing things we normally don't have time to do--like be with family, experience some free time, and actually not have anything scheduled for hours at a time... I find myself shamefully insecure in this role.  It is truly embarrassing that it takes me days to embrace and actually enjoy this time.  I have been doing this for over 20 years and it still takes me 4-5 days away to really enjoy "the present."  I am determined to "be and enjoy the present" this next week off before we return to school the second semester!
The question arises to myself, "Why does it take me 4-5 days to arrive at the "present?"  I have my ideas as to why but it still bothers me that I cannot simply speed up this process by sheer force of will.  For 20 years I have struggled to find the present during the Christmas break and I can't seem to shave time off of that poor record.   One thing I know I can't do is force it!  I have to allow it to come naturally or it never really comes at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment