Monday, October 27, 2014

Postponing It

I hate postponing things because I don't want to have too many things backlogged do all at once at a later time.  Yet, I also am aware that by not postponing certain things I  tend to miss out on the good things of the "here and now."  It's truly a dilemma--do it all now, perhaps miss out on same great things in the present, yet have the satisfaction of "checking it off the list."

We tend to postpone living some times in order to finish the tasks at hand.  "When I get this project done, I'll really start living."  Or, "I'll get the needed family time when I am done with this crazy period at work."  The well-balanced individual never has to entertain these thoughts because he/she knows how to create boundaries in all aspects of their lives while, at the same time, living fully in the present. 

It's definitely something to shoot for.

No comments:

Post a Comment